About the Village of Silver LakeSilver Lake most likely received its name from the Native Americans in the area because they considered the lake a shimmering pool of water. Later after the railroad arrived in 1886, the community became a summer spot for tourists and had a thriving ice business in the winter months. With electricity the ice business was over but recreation remained. Since its beginning, Silver Lake has been a resort recreation spot, a thriving and growing community, home to inventors, a great place to live and much more.
Community Library StorytimeStory time will resume this fall, hosted by the Community Library. If you have any questions, please contact Tara Buesing of the Community Library - Outreach Program at firstname.lastname@example.org Put these dates on your calendar and bring your youngsters to the Silver Lake Village Hall for an enjoyable half hour of activity;
- Wednesday(s) in September are ... September 14th, 21st and 28th ... from 10:30 am to 11:00 am
- Wednesday(s) in October are ... October 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th ... from 10:30 am to 11:00 am
- Wednesday(s) in November are ... November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th ... from 10:30 am to 11:00 am
- Wednesday(s) in December are ... December 7th and 14th ... from 10:30 am to 11:00 am
New Village Hall Office HoursVillage Hall office hours are Monday thru Friday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, or, by appointment calling (262) 889-4308.
Board MeetingsRegular Village Board Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at 7:00 pm at the Village Hall.
- Cooperative Plan - Cooperative Plan
- Resolution Signed by Village -Resolution Signed by Village
- Resolution by Town - Resolution by Town
- Agenda for July 27, 2016 Special Board Meeting - 2016-07-27 Special Board Meeting Agenda